Pray Without Ceasing Day 31 - Tuesday, February 8 - For the Spirit of Christ in His People

Sharon Metzger

WHAT TO PRAY. – For the Spirit of Christ in His People

John 15:4-5 (NIV)
4  Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5  "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 13:15 (NIV)
15  I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

As branches we are to be so like the Vine, so entirely identified with it, that all may see that we have the same nature, and life, and spirit. When we pray for the Spirit, let us not only think of a Spirit of power, but the very disposition and temper of Christ Jesus. Ask and expect nothing less: for yourself, and all God's children, cry for it.

HOW TO PRAY. – Striving in Prayer

Romans 15:30 (NIV)
30  I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

Colossians 2:1 (NIV)
1  I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.

All the powers of evil seek to hinder us in prayer. Prayer is a conflict with opposing forces. It needs the whole heart and all our strength. May God give us grace to strive in prayer till we prevail.

James C. Blough

Cell: 978-866-9060

Skype: jim.blough