NW Weekly for December 12

Sharon Metzger

What’s Coming Up?

Sun, Dec 12            Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am
                                    Or online: www.youtube.com/c/BostonChurchNorthwest
Wed, Dec 15          Midweek by family group (Christmas celebrations)
Fri, Dec 17               Northwest Teen Christmas Party, Bedford’s Old Town Hall, 7:30pm

Sun, Dec 19            Northwest Christmas worship, Butler Middle School, 10am

Sun, Dec 26            Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am

Sun, Jan 2               Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am
Wed, Jan 5              Northwest midweek (2022 kickoff), Zoom, 7:30pm

SCUAD Conversations

If you would like to continue the “Kingdom and Culture” discussion with the Northwest SCUAD (Social Cultural Unity and Diversity team) and have listened to the BCC Teaching Day, you are invited to a Zoom meeting tonight (Sunday, December 12, 8pm).
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89919883246

·       Session 1 Link to Teaching: The Spiritual Battle of Allegiance
·       Session 2 Link to Teaching: The Spiritual Battle of Race

I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22

Christmas Card Slideshow

Share your season’s greetings with the entire congregation by including your Christmas photo card or picture in the Christmas card slideshow during the December 19 Christmas worship. If you would like to be included, please submit a physical Christmas photo card or photo to Nic Petre, or email one to Nic at nicpetre@... by December 15. Family, individual, household, and group pictures are welcome!

Marriage Retreat Planning

We are planning a marriage enrichment retreat in Portland, ME, March 4–6, 2022. The speakers will be John and Arlene Markowski, region leaders of the Manhattan Region of the NYC church. They are incredible people and dynamic speakers and will teach us some amazing things about marriage!

Before we plan too many details, we’d like your feedback. Married couples, if you haven’t already, please fill out this short survey about masks and in-person vs livestream. Our goal is to keep everyone safe and have a great time.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DSJVZS8

Thank You!

Thanks to everyone who donated so generously to the DCF foster teens. We delivered 120 gift bags and outstanding character awards to the DCF social workers. They were so very grateful for the generosity and kindness showed to the teenagers again this holiday season!

Northwest Online Community

There will be no further compiled bulletins through the holidays, but timely news will continue to be sent out via email. You can also follow the other online channels:

Contribution Report

Northwest budget:                                   $14,594
Collected:                                                     $18,189
YTD variance:                                                 $2503

Northwest missions goal:                   $145,940
Collected/pledged:                                $160,635

Online Support Groups

Recovery Groups

Contact a leader for schedules and links.

Men’s Freedom Group
Dan Key, 603-943-3656

Women’s Partners in Freedom Group
Gail Scott-Key, 978-996-0694

Women’s Chemical Recovery Group
Rowena Hirmer, 978-888-3535

Men’s Chemical Recovery Group
Peter Hirmer, 978-888-3534

Lazarus Group, Saturdays

The Lazarus Group is a support group for those with various disabilities. Contact Ron DiBerto (ronalddiberto@...) for meeting times and other information.

Grief Recovery

Bruce and Jen Radl (radl@...) are starting a grief recovery group, meeting via zoom on Saturdays starting in January for seven weeks. Participants use the book Grief Journey in Motion by Dr. Timothy Sumerlin to guide them on the grief journey in a way that seeks to imitate Jesus’ engagement in grief, builds faith in a loving compassionate God, and resolves any relationship issues. Contact the Radls if you are interested.

Prayer Requests

Ron DiBerto is home with COVID-19; please pray for quick healing and safe Mill City Santa events.

Please pray for revival in the region and awakenings in our towns and cities. In particular, please pray for our teens, campus, singles, and young professionals.

Continue to pray for those affected by COVID-19, and for Conor Banks, Rebekah Cox, Alexa DiBisceglie, Aaron Dollar, Michael Gloor, Mary Jo Roche, Alan Roscoe, and Rafe Shropshire.