NW Weekly for 13 March 2022 -- Spring Forward! DST begins

Sharon Metzger

WHAT’S COMING UP?

Sun, Mar 13                Daylight Saving Time begins—set clocks forward one hour!

Sun, Mar 13                Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am

                                         Online: www.youtube.com/c/bostonchurchnorthwest

Sun, Mar 13                New Christian Orientation, 4–6pm

Wed, Mar 16               Midweek by family group

Sun, Mar 20                Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am

Wed, Mar 23               NW/NE midweek, marrieds, Zoom, 7:30pm

Wed, Mar 23               NW/NE midweek, campus/singles, Zoom, 7:30pm

Fri–Sun, Mar 25–27 High School Winter Retreat

Sun, Mar 27                 Northwest Mission Center worship, Butler Middle School, 10am

Wed, Mar 30               Midweek by family group

July 31–Aug 7             World Discipleship Summit, Orlando

Aug 13–20                   New England Teen Camp

Aug 15–20                   Preteen Camp

COVID Policy Update

The Boston Church congregational leadership has updated our COVID policy and sent out an update. At this point, region by region, local leadership teams have the responsibility of putting the policies in place as appropriate in our local communities. After considering our meeting place policies and our membership, the Northwest leadership team has compiled this policy, effective as of Friday’s worship night:

·       Masks in the main auditorium are optional. We want to respect everyone’s right to mask up or not. We also want to be understanding of those that feel like they would like to keep their distance not spiritually but physically.

·       Red and green stickers will still be used: please respect these stickers that indicate someone’s comfort level.

·       Children’s ministry:

o   Teachers in the nursery–3yo class and the 4yo–2nd grade class will continue to wear masks. These classes have children too young to be vaccinated.

o   Teachers in the 3rd grade–preteen class are not required to wear masks.

o   Mask wearing by all children is optional and at the discretion of the families.

o   As always, no teachers or students should come to class if they have had a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting within the last 24 hours.

·       We will continue to have an online option for our services. We understand if you don’t feel comfortable coming in person. We respect your right to decide but we pray to have you in person soon.

·       We will continue to monitor things and will remain nimble and cautiously optimistic as we go into the future. At the end of April, we will evaluate how things are going.

Please reach out to Dan Demshar or other members of the leadership team if you have any questions about these policies.

Spirit Filled Parenting

We are excited to announce the launch of Spirit Filled Parenting: A Partner with Parents Initiative of the NextGen Ministries of the Boston Church of Christ. We pray for these resources to be a blessing to your families and to those we are reaching out to in our communities.

What is Spirit Filled Parenting

Resources to help parents and guardians to focus on being filled by God in your parenting, displaying the fruits of His Spirit in your home. Every two months a new session will be released with a short video lesson, personal reflection and group discussion questions, family devotional and activity ideas, and parenting prompts for different ages.

Where to Find Spirit Filled Parenting

·       From the https://bostonchurch.org page, click the Kids tab, then find the Spirit Filled Parenting button

·       Direct link: https://sites.google.com/view/bcckidshub/for-parents/spirit-filled-parenting

How to Use Spirit Filled Parenting

·       Watch two videos: “Welcome to Spirit Filled Parenting” and “Spirit Filled Parenting: Filled with Love.”

·       Download and review the resources at the Kids Hub.

·       Follow us on Instagram @bostonchurch.nextgen for reminders and ideas on incorporating Spirit Filled Parenting into your family’s rhythms.

Women’s Grief Recovery

Jennifer Radl is starting a Saturday grief recovery group for women, starting at the end of April on Zoom for six weeks, probably 9–11am. Participants use the book Grief Journey in Motion by Dr. Timothy Sumerlin to guide them on the grief journey in a way that seeks to imitate Jesus’ engagement in grief, builds faith in a loving compassionate God, and resolves relationship issues. Contact Jen (radl@...) if you are interested; friends are welcome.

Contribution Report

Northwest budget:                                   $15,500
Collected February 27:                            $12,289
Collected March 6:                                   $15,516
YTD variance:                                         – $26,530

Online Support Groups

Recovery Groups

Contact a leader for schedules and links.

Men’s Freedom Group
Dan Key, 603-943-3656

Women’s Partners in Freedom Group
Gail Scott-Key, 978-996-0694

Women’s Chemical Recovery Group
Rowena Hirmer, 978-888-3535

Men’s Chemical Recovery Group
Peter Hirmer, 978-888-3534

Lazarus Group, Saturdays

The Lazarus Group is a support group for those with various disabilities. Contact Ron DiBerto (ronalddiberto@...) for meeting times and other information.

Teen Winter Retreat

Registration is open for the 2020 Teen Winter Retreat for grades 9–12, March 25–27, at Camp Cody, Freedom, NH. More details are online. Cost is $130 per teen. The church does not provide a bus for the retreat; please plan your own carpools. Check-in Friday, 6–9pm; pickup Sunday, 12:30pm (parents are welcome to arrive early for worship at 10:30am).

Prayer Requests

Please pray for Ed and Becky Cox’s 2-year-old granddaughter Ripley Cox. She has had RSV and pneumonia after having had COVID and was in the hospital in Florida. Please pray for her healing and for her parents Jon and Kati.

Please pray for peace in Ukraine. To get updates from churches in the area and join a daily prayer time, follow Shawn Wooten’s Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/shawnrevive

(The prayer times are at 9pm Eastern European Time = 3pm Eastern Daylight Time until EET changes to daylight saving time March 27.) You can donate to the relief work via EMS’s Ukraine Emergency Relief and/or HOPE’s
Global Disaster Response fund.

Please pray for a miraculous 2022.

Continue to pray for those affected by COVID-19, and for Rebekah Cox, Alexa DiBisceglie, Aaron Dollar, Michael Gloor, Mary Jo Roche, Alan Roscoe, and Rafe Shropshire.