All Church Virtual Midweek This Wednesday, Dec 8th @ 7:30pm - Please be prepared to Discuss Teaching Day

Glenn Petruzzi

Hello Everyone

I am so grateful to the Boston Church's Squad,  NW Mission Center's Squad, and the Burns for an amazing teaching day on Saturday.

This Wednesday, Dec 8th @ 7:30 pm on Zoom we will be processing, listening, and discussing these two amazing teaching sessions together as a region.

Here is the zoom link for this Wednesday's midweek

So grateful we are a part of a kingdom that is relevant and gives hope to this world in every generation, nation, and time period.  No one is worthy to open the "scroll" except the Lamb of God.  We will ask everyone to view both teaching sessions and look be prepared to answer the following questions.  My suggestion is that you pre-answer the questions ahead of time and be ready to discuss so we can make the most out of our time together.  I would also suggest taking great notes as you hear from others.  Our time will begin with a short review & response to session 1 and then break up to respond in small groups for 25 mins.  We will then come back and then hear a short review & response to session 2 and then respond for 25 mins in another group.

We will break up into groups of 4 to discuss each of the sessions.  We will get a chance to hear from multiple people which will be so encouraging.  We are all at different places as we hear this teaching and I would ask you to be prayerful and come in with a great spirit of humility.  I am so grateful for all of you and your willingness to have the courage and humility to discuss these issues together.  Let us pray that the Spirit will guide us all to being like Jesus and thinking like Jesus when it comes to our world, politics, and allegiances.

Below are the links and questions for each session please watch both sessions and answer the questions below to prepare for midweek.   Don't worry about being perfect just do the best you can.  Let the Spirit guide you.  We want everyone to feel like this midweek will be a safe place for all to discuss.

Watch Session 1 Link to Teaching: The Spiritual Battle of Allegiance

3 Questions to Discuss on Session 1

Michael pointed out that at times we can exclusively focus on important aspects of individual spirituality, but neglect biblical teaching on political, ideological, and national allegiances. This leaves us vulnerable to convictions that are not aligned with the Kingdom of God.

1)  What are some of the pitfalls and dangers that such a situation could present in a church?

2)  The process of anti-discipling was defined as receiving teaching from the world that is not rooted in Christ. How can we recognize this reality and what can we do to protect ourselves from it?

3)  What are some specific areas that the Holy Spirit is challenging you in response to this lesson?

Watch Session 2 Link to Teaching: The Spiritual Battle of Race

3 Questions to Discuss on Session 2

The Corinthian saints were blind to the influences of Satan's great lie of status in their own congregation life.

1) What are some areas in which we might be just as blind to our own versions of that same lie?

2) What are some specific areas that the Holy Spirit is challenging you in response to this lesson.

3)  What are some specific areas that the Holy Spirit is challenging you in response to this lesson?

See you all tomorrow at 7:30 pm

Your brother in Christ

Glenn Petruzzi

Evangelist, Northwest Mission Center - Boston, MA

Mental Health Counselor in MA, NY, and ME.

617-777-6696

https://www.bostonchurch.org

https://www.facebook.com/bccnwregion